August 16, 2022
Meeting Called to Order at 7:34 AM by President, John Payne
Minutes of July 19, 20202:
Motion to Approve: Roger; Second; Jay. Passed
Treasurer’s Report: Handed out by Jay. Motion to Approve: Dolores; second; Barb. Passed
Community Center Update:
- Trees on the property need to be removed behind the building. John has volunteered his crane and an operator for a total cost of $3000 for tree removal. Motion to accept: JR; Second; Barb. Passed.
- The Town of Bainbridge is volunteering to oil and stone the parking lot. Dolores will get us prices. Motion to accept up to $12,000 worth of work: Matt; second; Roger. Passed.
- The electrical work is in the process of being completed.
- Target date for completion of the building: Thanksgiving. Hoping to hold Small Business Saturday on November 26th.
Bainbridge Days: September 2 and 3: Sponsored by the Bainbridge Chamber of Commerce
Friday, September 2
- 6-8 PM Short Change Band at the Gazebo
- Free popcorn: Bainbridge Rotary Club
- Free hot dogs: Bainbridge Lions Club
- Outdoor movie at dusk: Sing 2
- Bring chairs and blankets
- In case of rain, venue will be the Jericho Arts Council Town Hall Theatre
Saturday, September 3
- Bainbridge Free Library Book Sale
- Small Town, Big Band in the Town Hall Theatre @ 7PM: FREE! Dancing encouraged
- Snips and Snails Consignment: Celebrating 11 years in business!! Huge indoor and outdoor sales. 28 N Main Street in Bainbridge; 9 AM-3 PM Saturday and Sunday
- Raffle baskets to support the Jericho Arts Council Town Hall Theatre available on first floor of Town Hall
- Vendors in the Village Green and Main Street
Village Report: Mayor, Philip Wade
Letter of Intent to Restore NY for nine abandoned buildings; properties to go back on tax roll if possible. Pending, not approved yet: Letter of Intent to NY Forward to fund downtown projects. Mayor Wade is assembling a planning group if this becomes available.
Town Report: Supervisor, Dolores Nabinger
Backs have been painted on the Welcome to Bainbridge signs. Many thanks to the B-G Art Department!
A committee has been formed to plan a possible Music Festival to take place next year at the Sidney Airport; 3-4000 people anticipated to attend. So far, $70,000 has been raised. Congratulations!
Chamber Golf Tournament: Sunday, August 21st. contact John Payne to send a team or sponsor a hole. Door prizes are still needed.
Adjourned : 8:30 AM.
Vice President, June White
For Secretary, Chris Smith