ATTENDEES: Roger Barnhart,Jr Bogert,Jay Campbell,Dave DeClue,Mary Drachler, Matt Germond, Bruce Kellogg, Jason MacPherson, Dolores Nabinger,John Payne, Armando Petruccelli, Teri Schunk, Chris Smith, Will Spalholz, Phil Wade, June White
- Meeting called to order by Chamber President, John Payne, at 7:35 AM.
- Secretary’s Report: motion to accept by Bruce, second by June, carried.
- Treasurer’s Report: motion to accept by Roger, second by June, carried.
- Phil provided a Village Report. The Route 206 Project is complete. Phil is still pursuing various grants. The Village received their new truck.
- Dolores provided a Town Report. There will be a Safety Seat Check this Saturday from 10:00 am – 2:00 pm at the Bainbridge Town Highway Garage. Recovery funds have been used for a new Key Fob System at the Town Hall and Improvements at General Clinton Park. In addition, they have found someone that is able to do the work needed at the pool pump house. Work is expected to be completed by Spring. The town has received their new truck.
- Dolores discussed the letter that was received requesting that we consider a name change to both the General Clinton Canoe Regatta and General Clinton Park. After discussion, no one felt that it should be changed. General Clinton is part of History and whether positive or negative, that cannot be changed. Dolores will discuss with the Town Board tonight.
- Tim Ryan provided a BGCSD report. School is 10 weeks in and COVID cases have been dropping. Everything is going well. Winter Sports started yesterday.
- Welcome Jason MacPherson!! Jerry’s Inn is coming along, and Jason hopes to be able to open the beginning of December.
- A holiday open house was considered at the Community Center prior to the Christmas parade, but it was determined that it would be better to hold off until January when more work is complete.
- Thank you, John Payne, for excavating the parking lot at the Community Center and Thank you Town of Bainbridge for delivering the gravel donated by Clark Companies!!
- June spoke about 4TownsForward Small Business Saturday. Tina has set up vendor locations at the Town Hall, Chris Brown Auction Gallery and Greenlawn Elementary. Small Business Saturday is from 9:00 am – 3:00 pm.
- JR spoke about Erika’s Cakery. They are hoping they can open next week.
- Teri spoke about advertising for 4TownsForward Small Business Saturday. They are offering FREE radio advertising starting today. Teri lined up 40-45 participants – thank you Teri!! In addition, there will be a greeting from each Chamber running now through the holidays. Teri is also doing a “Like & Share” campaign and is looking for donations to give out as prizes at the end. If you have something to donate, contact Teri.
- Volunteers are needed for this Saturday to distribute Christmas trees to the businesses. There are forty-five trees. We will meet at 9:00 am behind Bob’s.
- We will be doing photos with Santa following the parade. Photos will be done at the dining room at Jerry’s Inn this year. I have contacted Renee Halbert who does the photos every year to let her know about the change in location. As always, the first photo will be free with additional copies available at $2.00 each.
- We will also be doing a Toys for Tots Collection at the Firehouse the night of the parade and behind Bob’s Diner the next night during Caroling.
- Congratulations to the American Legion for their nice lighting ceremony – Great Job!!
- Matt spoke about the Community Center. Things are coming along. There will be a meeting tonight at 6:00 pm at the Center to discuss next steps. Matt is sourcing a boiler and we should be receiving a check from the Alumni for the cost.
- Barb discussed our efforts to patent General Clinton. This is a process that started sometime ago but was halted since they were waiting for information from us. The lawyer that was going to work on it is closing shop, so they returned our check for $1,250. Feeling is there is no need to continue to pursue. A motion was made by Phil second by Roger, carried to earmark the returned funds to the Community Center.
- Armando advised that he will be closing on the Upstate Maple Business.
- John spoke about the sale of the Great American. A couple from the city bought it for $89,000, had a $4,000 tax bill to pay and 7% buyer’s fee payable to Manasse Auctions. John was told they would be reopening it as a grocery store.
- Motion to adjourn by Roger second by Barb, carried. Meeting adjourned at 8:38 am.
Our next Board of Directors Meeting will be held on Tuesday, December 7th and the next General Membership Meeting will be held on Tuesday, December 21st at the back of Bob’s Diner @ 7:30 am.
Respectfully Submitted: Christine Smith, Secretary